Signs You Need (or Don’t Need) a Hip Replacement
A total hip replacement is a big surgery and deciding to have the surgery done is a big decision. Here are some signs to help you decide if the time is right (or not) for hip replacement surgery.
Signs You’re Ready for Hip Replacement
- You have hip/groin pain that keeps you awake at night or causes you to wake up.
- You have hip pain that limits activities necessary to go about your daily activities, such as getting up from a chair, climbing stairs, etc.
- You have hip pain that limits activities that you enjoy, such as walking for exercise, traveling, shopping, etc.
- You have tried other treatments for a reasonable period of time, and you still have persistent hip pain.
- Your hip pain does not limit normal activities.
- Your symptoms are improving with more conservative treatments, including medications, activity modification, etc.
- You have not tried more conservative treatments.
- You are only limited from performing activities such as running or skiing.